Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the LBS to test out a few 29ers. I was hoping just to size up the bikes and test out a few. Ended up really enjoying a 2007 GF Rig. Put some money down on it today and should be bringing it home hopefully by my birthday in march. I went to look at the rigid redline moncog flight but for the same price got a really nice bike. I cant wait to bring her home.

I eventually want to get a rigid SSer and have a few in mind but they are all bikes that i cant ride until i buy them , i.e singular swift, missfit dissent. I figure this way i get a nice bike that i can ride now complete from a local shop that i can take it to if i have questions. Soon as this is paid off im saving up for the swift of dissent cant decide yet. I like the idea of having a few different bikes to mess around with. well i guess i better get a second job.

Thanks for listening. my wife doesnt share my enthusiasm for bikes so its nice to be able to talk somewhere.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I like the Gary Fisher Rig its a good bike. At first I really enjoyed riding around on it but afterwards I was put off by the lack of higher gearing. I then converted the Rig into a 1x9 and it's a blast. I actually enjoy riding it more than my Giant XTC 29er 1, then again I tend to save the Giant for long and punishing road rides so it could be a simple matter of association.

The Rig is a nice bike it's good for jumping off of sidewalks or catching a little air on the trail. I think the front brakes are alright but I ended up switching out the front rotor to a 185mm rotor.

Although you can use it as single speed I really enjoy riding mine as a 1x9. With the right gearing the Rig is the perfect trail/urban assault bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.