Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new RX is here and she's pretty damn hot in ano red. The fork hasn't shown up yet (typical Fox...minimum six weeks to get anything) so the old TALAS is up front (keeping it in 100mm mode) for now.

The new cranks look incredible and but the real blingy bit will not be here until Tuesday. I was able to get a pretty incredible deal on a brand new set of Magura Marta SL brakes...IN RED!! I guess Magura released a couple of the special edition red ones that were only supposed to go on Spesh bikes to a few of their retailer and, I just happened to find them at the right time. They cost a bit more than the Juicy Ultimates but how could I pass up on mounting a limited edition set of red brakes on a limited edition red bike? :D

I don't have any pics just yet but I'm sure I'll get a few action shots at the race tomorrow. I'll take a full round of pics when both the fork and the brakes are mounted.
:thumbsup:

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

That's not like you cranks.... you shoulda waited until you had the pics.

Oh well who can blame ya! :smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blackagness said:
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

That's not like you cranks.... you shoulda waited until you had the pics.

Oh well who can blame ya! :smilewinkgrin:
I know, I know but what could I do? I promise to have some pics over the weekend.

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Cranx, good choice on the Brakes, I'm using red magura's and playing with the Avid's as well and you can't go wrong with either (although the mag's are lighter by 40 grams I think)

Good luck on your race this weekend

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
CranxOC said:
The new RX is here and she's pretty damn hot in ano red. The fork hasn't shown up yet (typical Fox...minimum six weeks to get anything) so the old TALAS is up front (keeping it in 100mm mode) for now.

The new cranks look incredible and but the real blingy bit will not be here until Tuesday. I was able to get a pretty incredible deal on a brand new set of Magura Marta SL brakes...IN RED!! I guess Magura released a couple of the special edition red ones that were only supposed to go on Spesh bikes to a few of their retailer and, I just happened to find them at the right time. They cost a bit more than the Juicy Ultimates but how could I pass up on mounting a limited edition set of red brakes on a limited edition red bike? :D

I don't have any pics just yet but I'm sure I'll get a few action shots at the race tomorrow. I'll take a full round of pics when both the fork and the brakes are mounted.
:thumbsup:
Congrats! Should look real sweet...

About the brakes, nice catch... here in germany you can get some red ones on ebay... but the auction prices go sky high...

As the others.. can't wait for the pics ;)

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Yeah ha bro, good luck with the race. Sounds like a pimped ride, we could help comment on its pimpability if indeed we had pictures. You know the rules.......

Lookign forward to seeing some anyways, pics that is !

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Did you order a new wheelset to Cranx?????? You're gonna need a red/red I-9 wheelset(355 to I-9 hub with .9 spokes come in the mid 1300 gram range) to go whith the red riding in the hood ride;)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, OK, I know I broke the golden rule but it's just been a whirlwind since I got my new red baby the other day. First off, let me say that the red looks even better in person than it does in the pictures (it's actually a much brighter red than I had pictured...very cool). I can't tell you how many people complimented me on my ride today; the red ano really stands out in a crowd.

That said, I do have a couple of shots from the race today but only one where you can really see the bike well. I was so tired when I got home though I just didn't have the energy to clean her off for her photo shoot; I'll do that tomorrow. Until then however, here are some teasers. :D

Lap 1 of the South Ridge Fontana race (sport class)

Lap 2...Another couple of pedal strokes and I'm home free!

First race on my new baby and she helps me mount the podium (2nd place)...I think we're going to have a long and beautiful relationship. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
P.S. I'll give a full ride report later but, suffice it to say, I love the ride of this thing and can't wait to see what she feels like once I get the new fork and brakes on her.

Also, for those of you who are wondering, the CB Cobalt crankset is friggin awesome! I hammered those things trying to induce flex and I couldn't feel a thing. I only have two days on them but, so far, I'm incredibly impressed. Super lightweight, incredibly stiff and unbelievably smooth shifting...nice.

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Congrats on your placing and I agree, I think you've found a more then willing and able partner with the Racer-X.......awesome

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JTBAZ said:
Wow - second place in sports class - impressive! Congrats on the new ride. Look forward to the other pics. It looked a little cold in SoCal.
Thanks and, yes, it was freezing out there yesterday. 39 degrees at the start of the race with winds gusting up to 60mph made for temps into the low twenties at times. We're having some crazy weather down here this year (it was 90+ degrees at the beginning of the week).

·
Registered
999 Posts
CranxOC said:
Thanks and, yes, it was freezing out there yesterday. 39 degrees at the start of the race with winds gusting up to 60mph made for temps into the low twenties at times. We're having some crazy weather down here this year (it was 90+ degrees at the beginning of the week).
Phoenix is the same way- It was 45 yesterday. It should be around 65 degrees for this time of year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.