Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
I'll bet those won't fit a tire bigger than 30C. They were designed specifically for road bikes, weren't they?

Remember Road Bike Action with some Dork taking air on a road bike on the Cover?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bigwheelboy_490 said:
I'll bet those won't fit a tire bigger than 30C. They were designed specifically for road bikes, weren't they?

Remember Road Bike Action with some Dork taking air on a road bike on the Cover?
I remember these from a Mountain Bike article on cyclocross. From looking at the thing, it almost looks like the old Mag 21 brake arch, with the brake posts moved a little higher, so it might have some more clearance (maybe 35?). No matter what the fork would be fun to have on a vintage cross bike.....

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The RS in this picture has the same legs as the one on eBay but it has the all important and ultra rare Rock n' Road refit performed by Bruce Gordon. It consists of a new brake arch, crown and steerer tube. It definately fits the "tire". This fork was on a Ti R n' R that was made around 1993. At that time the fattest meats available were equivalent to about a 1.75 and the rear on that bike would not fit the "tire" until modifications were made a few years ago to it by the builder, Wes Williams.

·
Registered
901 Posts
bigwheelboy_490 said:
What are you talking about, that was one of the coolest covers ever! The guy was even crossed up and tabling the bike a little. :D

RBA always had the sweetest covers. IIRC, there was another where someone was doing a sweet power slide on a dirt road on their roadie. And then there was the road bike susp. fork of the month article. Man, how come the mag went under so quick? I don't get it. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.