Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever camped out at Bonelli? I will be racing there this Sunday. I am giving some thought to camping near the lake at the RV area. Anyone ever do this? Is it close to the race site?

Thanks.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Campsite is good enough. the Residents livings there are not. Something about driving their gas powered golf carts around a 1230am the night of State Championship last year......with the music turned up way to load for that late....

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called and reserved a site. $46 a night. Lets hope the "residents" keep their carts turned off.

·
Registered
338 Posts
A few of our top regional open class riders are heading up there this weekend to race. I'm very interested to see how they do out there. Best of luck to the rest of you; some of us will be keeping tabs from afar.

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jd1072 said:
A few of our top regional open class riders are heading up there this weekend to race. I'm very interested to see how they do out there. Best of luck to the rest of you; some of us will be keeping tabs from afar.
Y'all do well now ya'hear;) Tell Lance to stay home..:D

·
Registered
338 Posts
rydbyk said:
Y'all do well now ya'hear;) Tell Lance to stay home..:D
Yeee-Haww.

These guys are typically nipping at Lance's heels in the mtb races, so I'm hoping they'll do well. In our first XC race a week ago they took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the open within seconds of each other, so they should be a decent group to represent us Texans. Look for the guys riding in cowboy boots...

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jd1072 said:
Yeee-Haww.

These guys are typically nipping at Lance's heels in the mtb races, so I'm hoping they'll do well. In our first XC race a week ago they took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the open within seconds of each other, so they should be a decent group to represent us Texans. Look for the guys riding in cowboy boots...
They make clipless cowboy boots now? Saweeet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
jd1072 said:
Who's coming from Austin?

I used to live there.

Bring your climbing legs. One lap at Bonelli has more elevation gain than the entirety of most TMBRA races.

·
Registered
338 Posts
TwentyNineinches said:
Who's coming from Austin?

I used to live there.

Bring your climbing legs. One lap at Bonelli has more elevation gain than the entirety of most TMBRA races.
Tristan Uhl, Brian Fawley, and Kevin Fish are racing out there. If there's a lot of climbing, my pick of the 3 goes to Tristan.

Here's how they stacked up last weekend at Warda:
http://www.tmbra.org/results/spring_11/warda/pro1.html

Sneaky fast, those guys...

How much elevation gain is there a lap, and how many laps are there?

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jd1072 said:
Tristan Uhl, Brian Fawley, and Kevin Fish are racing out there. If there's a lot of climbing, my pick of the 3 goes to Tristan.

Here's how they stacked up last weekend at Warda:
http://www.tmbra.org/results/spring_11/warda/pro1.html

Sneaky fast, those guys...

How much elevation gain is there a lap, and how many laps are there?
I think the pro loop is only 3 miles with something like 400 ft gain??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts