Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The typical answer is: No. A sticker on the entrance to the Craft Beer Cave says "We do not have the Pliny that you seek".

I'm still unpacking, thought I'd head to my local beer store and get a single of Crank Yanker. I've got one out of their singles cooler and am headed to the checkout when I see Brian.

I say, as I always do, "got any Pliny?" and he says...wait for it..."yes we do". And Blind Pig as well" (both Russian River). I say "I'll take them".

I'm not a bomber drinker nor am I one to spend a ton of $ on some mythical craft beer (been there) but, yeah, I walked out with one of each

Maybe a bit of celebration that I got back from my latest trip in one piece and some pretty cool work images

View attachment 1269887

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,451 Posts
My local guy always asks me when I come in if I want one... I'd say that it has been regularly available to me for a couple years now. Sometimes they are out (like the time some Jackwagon found their "hidey-hole" and took all of it). :D

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Brewery Expansion, it is a lot more available now. Hope the quality keeps up. Had one of each the other night and I can concur that it has... so far...
Yeah I was wondering why I see it on the shelf every time I buy beer now. It's no longer rare, and tbh I think it was the gold standard 10 years ago. Seems like everyone else caught up with really good beers. I buy La Cumbre Elevated IPA (4/pack $9.99 at Trader Joes's!) and Odell Myrcenary DIPA before Pliney now, if that says anything.

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
Summer in the Citra from Eddyline is 9.99 for a 6 pack of tall boys at Applejack.. just can't beat that in my opinion...

Pliny is a nice beer, but agree that many other have caught up in making great beers and it has so many competitors.. to each his own, its a great time to be a beer drinker..

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd never seen a Pliny The Elder, it sure is never on the shelves at my local beer store. The one I just finished was very very good, but I'm now easily satisfied with a single of Crank Yanker.

I still have the bomber of Russian River Blind Pig IPA, gonna wait a few weeks.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I like Pliny fine but it's far from my favorite. I suspect a large portion of its attraction is that it has historically been hard to find outside of Cali. That's also largely why Bells Two Hearted knocked Pliny off the throne as "best IPA" in nationwide polls. I've made homebrew clones of both that I frankly prefer to the original and looking forward to making my first copy of Blind Pig this fall.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I like Pliny fine but it's far from my favorite. I suspect a large portion of its attraction is that it has historically been hard to find outside of Cali. That's also largely why Bells Two Hearted knocked Pliny off the throne as "best IPA" in nationwide polls. I've made homebrew clones of both that I frankly prefer to the original and looking forward to making my first copy of Blind Pig this fall.
Lmk if you need a taste tester!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.