Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Going tubeless is one of the best upgrades I have made. The Stans kit works well. I had small problems with install, but there is a video on the website that helped out a lot. Plus, the site has a forum that you can post questions if you run into problems.

The sealant included in the kit does a good job of sealing small holes. While you can run standard (non-UST) tires with the Stans kit, I would just avoid the hassle associated with trying to do this and get UST tires. Spec is making tubeless (2bliss) tires that are similar in weight to regular tires. Overall, you should save rotational weight, eliminate the need/hassle of tubes, reduce rolling resistance, and be able to run lower psi without fear of pinch-flatting. Not bad for a $50 kit (okay, probably $150 when considering new tires as well).

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
you do not need any kits at all, -----i use black pipe tape , 10 mil thick , just tape the wheel once around overlaping at the valve stem , ------punch a hole with an awl or a pin ------instal a presta stem that you cut from an old tube , ---install your tire with 1 cup of stans and run it ----very simple -------go to the ghetto tubeless thread in the arizona forum and read all about it .
:thumbsup:

don't buy into any kits or using a 20" bmx tube ----way to much hassle and it adds weight !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.