Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I got a new 2006 Marzocchi 66 SL coming it to my local shop this week, and I am wondering what I need to know in terms of getting it setup. I have dealt with marz dual air setups before so I'm not really looking for air pressures, but maybe RC2 setups, etc. I am a 180lb free rider and its going on a 2005 Enduro. Which knobs need lock tite, etc?Any first things I should do would be great. I have searched through most of the threads, but there is just so much info I was hoping you guys could hook me up with some good pointers to get it started.

Chris

·
carpe mañana
7,313 Posts
MaxxChris said:
Hey guys,
I got a new 2006 Marzocchi 66 SL coming it to my local shop this week, and I am wondering what I need to know in terms of getting it setup. I have dealt with marz dual air setups before so I'm not really looking for air pressures, but maybe RC2 setups, etc. I am a 180lb free rider and its going on a 2005 Enduro. Which knobs need lock tite, etc?Any first things I should do would be great. I have searched through most of the threads, but there is just so much info I was hoping you guys could hook me up with some good pointers to get it started.

Chris
The air system here is a bit different than older air systems due to the PAR chamber. Keep that one empty for now, or add two or three pump strokes and setup everything else to your liking. I'd recommend you pressurize both positive chambers, rather than only one, it seems to give a more linear feeling fork.

And setup your low speed compression and remove the knob. There is a really good chance you'll break it off sooner or later. I keep mine almost at 0.

_MK

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MK,
My plans with the compression knob are to try and make a new one that is smaller and less in the way, and that was get the best of both worlds and be able to protect the cartridge. Like I said I have run marz air forks before, my last was an 05 all mountain Sl, so im familiar with all the chambers, and for me I just love the tuneablity. But like you said I think I will keep the par empty for a while. You can run 0 pressure in the RC2 cart. if you like correct?

Chris

·
carpe mañana
7,313 Posts
MaxxChris said:
Thanks MK,
My plans with the compression knob are to try and make a new one that is smaller and less in the way, and that was get the best of both worlds and be able to protect the cartridge. Like I said I have run marz air forks before, my last was an 05 all mountain Sl, so im familiar with all the chambers, and for me I just love the tuneablity. But like you said I think I will keep the par empty for a while. You can run 0 pressure in the RC2 cart. if you like correct?

Chris
Yeah, no minimum pressure required.

_MK

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
Maxx, I too just got my 66 sl. I am really excited about getting it mounted up when I get home and see what all the hype is about.:thumbsup: I am replacing a Lyrik and this thing is REALLY beefy. Very cool.

·
not so super...
11,461 Posts
dj 315 said:
Just wondering have you set it at 150 or 170 mm?

And if anyone knows the max travel it can take? ( I'd like to try DH racing and wouldnt mind a slacker Head angle)
The 06 can go from 130 to 170 at your whim, just change the negative pressure. The 07 will do 140-180 by turning the ATA dial.

PS...Some have reported the max travel to be more or less than the max.

·
Registered
952 Posts
SSINGA said:
The 06 can go from 130 to 170 at your whim, just change the negative pressure. The 07 will do 140-180 by turning the ATA dial.

PS...Some have reported the max travel to be more or less than the max.
I'm not positive, but I think DJ is asking the max travel that is acceptable on the Enduro frame and not the max travel the fork has.

It depends on what model you have, but I know the manual says the regular Enduros show that 160MM is the max, and SX Trails 175MM or less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.