Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a Soul Cycles Dillinger 29er frame, and rigid fork ... to make into my first 29er ...

been browsing and searching the past week on parts and such ... but i have came to the thought, that maybe i should just pick up a decent build kit for the frame ... to get it up and running ... and then later change out parts and such to make the bike fit me more ...

i have found the kits starting off in the 740$ range (from PP) on up to ones that have way more options that can go into the 1,500 range ...

the 740$ price isn't to bad to me i think ... still a lot cheaper then buying all of the stuff seperatly ... and would only likely end up changing out a few parts here and there later on ...

·
Registered
568 Posts
You're thinking smart, I think you should get an X.9 build kit and sell your wheelset that came with it. Then take that money down and buy a good wheelset. You should probably get a hold of Mike Curiak, Big Wheels in Colorado. Good reputation for building 29er wheelsets. Maybe everything together will be under 1k.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.