Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was getting a strange clicking from the front of the bike, being carbon the sound was amplified and seemed to come from the front hub. after a thorough inspection I discovered my gore cable housings had cracked at the ferule insertion point. These cables are 2++ years old and have served me very well Through several Thailand rainy seasons. I have checked several on line vendors who will ship to S Korea (new home location) and cannot find Gore shifter cables - Gore Ride on no longer sells cables :( . Any other recommendations? These cables are a massive headache to change (2011 Air 9 Carbon) and I need another 2 year solution without going to Fleabay. I will try to trim off the damaged section and re-insert the housing back into the ferule as a temp solution. maybe even running full length cable housing (requires drilling headbadge out).

Gore failure.jpg

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I don't know about reconstructing Gore-Tex cables. After the use you describe, it's like putting Humpty-Dumpty back together again. I used Gore cables for years (in the late 90's+) and miss the quality. It's a shame Gore stopped selling cables, but the prices were a little high when they were re-introduced in the U.S. market.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts