Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm pretty good with this, usually! I've been using the GoPro Wide and Vio "lipstick" cams and all their mountings, etc., for several years now. I just yesterday received my GoPro HD, and after some brief testing, am very impressed. (no memory card issues, etc., no issues at all.)

So, I'm going through all the mounts and such that I got (including the Roll Bar kit), to combine them with the multitude of mounts I have, and I see with the new HD cam mounts that there is then small orange rubber "U" shaped bit with "GoPro" molded into it. For the life of me I'm not exactly sure what this is for. Checked the GoPro site for documentation, but can't find anything. Just an interesting little piece. What is it for ? :confused:

·
Woodlot local
497 Posts
That orange rubber piece locks your mounts together. It's hard to explain without a photo but the two prongs on the sliding mount go into the receptacle of the mounting base there is a horseshoe void. The orange rubber piece goes in there to lock the pieces together preventing accidental loss of the camera and prevents vibration and additional noise.

EDIT- VRHolder REALLY REALLY needs something like this.

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GOT IT! Yes, I see it fits in to take up the space (keeping you from pinching together and releasing!).

Thank you both!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.