Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pumped on you being Stoked!

houli77 said:

I'm over here on holidays from Australia.

These trails are epic.

Respect and big thanks to the build crew! :thumbsup:
Hey Houli77 - very nice work on the video and stoked you're stoked on the Dirt Corps line at Duthie Hill. We've been working on it for almost a year now and it's a great to hear people are loving it and sharing that with others in the community.

I also wanted to say, welcome to Seattle, and if you're going to be in town for a bit longer it would be rad to meet up and do some riding! Shoot me a PM or give me a ring (425) 894-1377. My name's Matt, and just for full disclosure's sake, I'm a kiwi, so we'll just have to put our differences aside and ride eh? ;)

--matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers guys,

yes it did take a while to do, and i was by myself.

the way most of the trail links i needed to push back to the top, or at least the drop to get the speed for the next shot. i was pretty wasted by the end.

I'm stoked that you guys are stoked, that i'm stoked.... and yes, i'm well stoked with the session, prob not quite the right bike for that line, had to push it to keep speed, but if was still super fun.

You guys have inspired me to do more building at home.

Thanks for the invite to ride, i'm always keen but unfortunately the WA line of my holiday is over. I've been up at Crystal in the snow for a week and fly out tommorow for NZ for a couple of weeks work and hopefully some more riding..

My girlfriend's family lives in Olympia so i'll be back sometime, pushing for a summer trip next year but whenever it happens i will definitely be bringing a bike.....

looking forward to seeing Duthie in years to come, it's gonna be a hub for WA....

cheers

m

·
Registered
14 Posts
houli77 said:
Cheers guys,

yes it did take a while to do, and i was by myself.

the way most of the trail links i needed to push back to the top, or at least the drop to get the speed for the next shot. i was pretty wasted by the end.

I'm stoked that you guys are stoked, that i'm stoked.... and yes, i'm well stoked with the session, prob not quite the right bike for that line, had to push it to keep speed, but if was still super fun.

You guys have inspired me to do more building at home.

Thanks for the invite to ride, i'm always keen but unfortunately the WA line of my holiday is over. I've been up at Crystal in the snow for a week and fly out tommorow for NZ for a couple of weeks work and hopefully some more riding..

My girlfriend's family lives in Olympia so i'll be back sometime, pushing for a summer trip next year but whenever it happens i will definitely be bringing a bike.....

looking forward to seeing Duthie in years to come, it's gonna be a hub for WA....

cheers

m
No worries Mick, it would have been sick to ride while you were out here, so we'll just have to try and connect next time. Give me a jingle if you find yourself in the area again.

I'm jealous you're off to NZ on your next leg, give it heaps!

--matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sitting in LAX waiting for a connecting flight. killing time. dreaming of trails..

Oh and a heads up to anyone travelling international with bikes.

Boycott United Airlines.

My ticket purchased through Air New Zealand has allowance for sporting equipment included. i've flown with bikes a few times now and never had problems.

Today, although part of a International ticket which has allowance for the weight i'm travelling with, they stung me $200 for the bike box even though it was under 50lbs.

Apparently this changed Dec 01. Well after i purchased my tickets.

not happy.

till next time..

m

·
Registered
14 Posts
houli77 said:
Sitting in LAX waiting for a connecting flight. killing time. dreaming of trails..

Oh and a heads up to anyone travelling international with bikes.

Boycott United Airlines.

My ticket purchased through Air New Zealand has allowance for sporting equipment included. i've flown with bikes a few times now and never had problems.

Today, although part of a International ticket which has allowance for the weight i'm travelling with, they stung me $200 for the bike box even though it was under 50lbs.

Apparently this changed Dec 01. Well after i purchased my tickets.

not happy.

till next time..

m
Good to know dude, sounds like United are just looking for ways to make money off us. $200 that's BS, doesn't cost them that to move a box under 50lbs... how is it different from a suitcase? Bastards!

·
Last word is all yours...
1,091 Posts
IINM, I read in a recent bike mag issue that if you declare it as "bicycle parts" instead of "a bicycle" that you can avoid certain fees. Dunno if that's true or shady or what. Maybe FedEx is the way to go. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.