Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is everyone getting chest strap mounted footage. I tried my new GoPro HD with the chest strap and all the footage is centered on my front tire with the camera angled all the way up. Am I doing something wrong, or does everyone ride sitting straight
up?

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
ADIDAS said:
How is everyone getting chest strap mounted footage. I tried my new GoPro HD with the chest strap and all the footage is centered on my front tire with the camera angled all the way up. Am I doing something wrong, or does everyone ride sitting straight
up?
You're doing it wrong. Do a search - i posted an article with some setup tips and others have discussed it too. Look for GoPro Mounts

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey polar can you post a pic of the exact setup your using and how its aligned ive recored on the chest a few times and its not terrible but i like your aspect a little better. i get alot of my bike frame in the shot when i stand up and i can see my knees moving alot to while pedaling.thx

·
Registered
427 Posts
Liquidice said:
hey polar can you post a pic of the exact setup your using and how its aligned ive recored on the chest a few times and its not terrible but i like your aspect a little better. i get alot of my bike frame in the shot when i stand up and i can see my knees moving alot to while pedaling.thx
You may need to adjust the angle for standing shots differently than seated shots. To see less knees and less "elasticman arms" while seated, I'll usually mount the camera very high on my chest and lean way forward. I don't recommend this on technical downhills. My chest mount allows for more flexible (height) placement on my chest:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.