Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ! I have an armytek elf C2 that works really nice for night riding but cant find a solution to have it secured to my helmet. I would love if it had a gopro mount so I could use it on all my helmets.

Has anybody managed to do it?
If not any other light recommendations that can fit on a gopro mount?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Hello ! I have an armytek elf C2 that works really nice for night riding but cant find a solution to have it secured to my helmet. I would love if it had a gopro mount so I could use it on all my helmets.

Has anybody managed to do it?
If not any other light recommendations that can fit on a gopro mount?

Are you looking for a helmet mount that would work for your Armytek light or a Gopro style adapter that would allow you to use your light with a helmet that has a build in Gopro interface?
Mole

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Gopro style adapter that would work with the light ideally ! That way I could easily switch the light from one of my helmet to the other
Unfortunately I don't know of any Gopro adapters that would give proper aim for that style of light. This is what I've used in the past. It's a old band style mount and a stretchy buckle velcro strap (Gloworm). Allows for very low mounting and easy rotating for vertical aiming.
Mole
Helmet Sports equipment Bicycle part Sports gear Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Are you wanting something with field replaceable batteries? Did your light come with a headstrap mount? I had an Armytek mount that worked pretty well as a helmet mount (I just had to modify the strap). It unfortunately broke using it with other lights but would think it would be reliable for your light since that's what it was designed to work with.
Mole
Automotive tire Automotive design Sports gear Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Armytek Wizard Headband w/Plastic Headlamp Holder | eBay

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I have that strap ! The problem is its a hassle to make the strap fit on normal helmet, downhill helmet, ski helmet, climbing helmet etc. Yep I would love something with field replaceable batteries

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so I think im going to go with a normal flashlight for the helmet. And keep the headlamp on the handlebar.

Any good recommendation for a flashlight that would go on the helmet? Im looking at the Sofirn SC31 at the moment. Would it be a good option ? Any other that are maybe a bit more powerfull and warmer ?

Thanks!!!!
Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Lens Material property

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I've been pretty happy with the performance of my Sofirn SC31 Pro used as a helmet light but I'm not a flashlight expert so there may be other better options. I picked this light because its size/weight and output seemed to me to be a good balance considering comfort/throw/thermal efficiency + UI program far better than most flashlights for a bicycle application. Mounting options still inferior to your right angle torch as it sits higher when using a Gopro interface. Thought I'd include some pictures in reference to Patski's Vancbiker recommendation. He (Vancbiker) makes quality custom mounts that I'd also recommend you consider. Pictures show some of the things I've gotten from him and an example of mounting for a regular torch (SC31 Pro) and a right angle (SP40). I used a mount for a different light that allowed the different orientation required by the two lights but with a properly setup custom mount you'd be able to rotate the right angle lights even closer to the helmet surface making its weight less noticeable and less likely to catch on low hanging branches.
Mole

Toy Vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part

Hood Automotive design Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar Finger

Camera accessory Camera lens Gadget Camera Wood

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks but I ended up with this !
Now I need to commit.

Left you feel less the weight, but get a bit of a shadow from the visor. Not really sure if the shadow would be annoying or not.

Right gets almost no shadow, but you feel the weight a bit more...

What do you think?

Thanks!

Vehicle White Automotive lighting Automotive tire Helmet

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.