Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received the 960 as a gift for X-Mas. Finally got myself around to getting the SDHC card and chest mount.
Took some video yesterday, made a quick first time clip. Yes I am fully aware the f'ing strap came in front of the camera at the end...

While testing yesterday in the yard, I noticed the mount was a bit low. It was capturing quite a bit of my arms / knees. I recorded all of it while sitting, little did I know it got much worse while standing... which is really what I do when I'm shredding the gnar!
It seems that the mount is simply too low to really capture what is coming up, it really doesn't give you a good perspective of the upcoming challenges, etc.

So I think I might try and flip the camera upside down?? A bit better at tilting... The chest mount is awesome and I'm sure it's great for Snowboarding, skiing, etc...
Anyone using the mounts that the unit comes with? The sticky mounts? Where and how?

·
All Mountain
61 Posts
I had the same issue with the chest mount. getting to much knee and arms and hardly any of the trail.

I flipped it upside down so it could point more up and its soooooooooooooooo much better. what I really love to is how the camera comes with a setting so when you record or take a picture upside down the camera automatically flips it right side up so you dont have to on playback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.