Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, given iffy weather and dicey forcast our Gooseberry Mesa trip fell apart this morning at 6:00am. As people were showing up we decided we didn't want to drive for 3 hours and endup in a nasty rain/snow storm and drive home without any mud on our gear. Luckily, we're only 3 hours away and a future trip is in the cards. We ended up doing a local ride in the Cottonwood Valley with the temps in the 40's (it felt cold to us). I didn't get many photos because I was the rabbit the guys were chasing to keep their pace up. I did get a couple in the Cactus Garden.

The rain last night really helped out the trails and we were able to ride the Cactus Garden from the south -- normally far too sandy to attempt the sand going up the hill.

mbb

Attachments

·
Registered
13,084 Posts
mattbikeboy said:
Well, given iffy weather and dicey forcast our Gooseberry Mesa trip fell apart this morning at 6:00am. mbb
So, you guys did bail. I don't blame you.... it was looking pretty bleak as we headed out from Logandale at 8:00. We just about decided to bag the goose and just do Hurricane rim. However, it ended up being just about perfect up on the mesa. Temps in the upper 40s, low 50s, packed down trails, pools all filled. Sorry we missed you guys.

Great pics of Cottonwood btw.

Here's a couple from our Gooseberry ride.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.