Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SS Pusher Man
Joined
·
7,623 Posts
I think I need to plan another trip to Gooseberry. been almost 2 years since my last visit. Damn, it is a fun place to ride.

mtnbikej
 

·
Ride what you want!!
Joined
·
2,202 Posts
Wherewolf said:
Cool angles and shots really give a feel for the place. And for a change you can see some of the steepness. Was that your old lipstick cam mounted low and pointing backwards?
You ready to go Steve.... We're about to get a road trip planned. Early June, like June 3,4,5.

I'm working on the web page later this week.

george
 

·
Young, Shawn Young
Joined
·
3,165 Posts
Very Nice! A couple of us are headed up on the 25th of this month. Nice primer:)

Shawn
 

·
Its only 1" on the map!
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A recycling experiment

Wherewolf said:
Was that your old lipstick cam mounted low and pointing backwards?
Yep, It's the old lipstick cam put to another use, altough fairly limited as normally the only usuable shots are the ones when you are not pedaling.




I slapped some industrial strength Velcro on the forward outside part of my left shoe and another strip on the outside heel area of my right shoe. I had to reorient the camera in the housing, but by going with the left foot looking forward and the right foot looking rearward setup I did not have to mess with the orientation of the camera when I wanted to switch angles.
 

·
mtbr dismember
Joined
·
6,988 Posts
Wish I could but...

I'm too slow for most of the TROGS and my knees generally can't handle more than one ride per week. That's a long way to go for one ride. Lately I've slipped in an occasional mid-week ride at New Melones. But that's a pretty easy ride. Perhaps if you got UncleMTB to come along. How about something closer and much sooner like the Palm Springs epic before it gets too hot down there? Might even get MTBBill and his posse to show up.
 

·
.........................
Joined
·
2,093 Posts
I can't wait for that now. Thanks mtbbill.

Redmon said:
Very Nice! A couple of us are headed up on the 25th of this month. Nice primer:)

Shawn
Maybe if all goes well, the vegas mtbr crew can meet the norcal group on their ride this summer?
 

·
.........................
Joined
·
2,093 Posts
Hey there Wherewolf..

Wherewolf said:
I'm too slow for most of the TROGS and my knees generally can't handle more than one ride per week. That's a long way to go for one ride. Lately I've slipped in an occasional mid-week ride at New Melones. But that's a pretty easy ride. Perhaps if you got UncleMTB to come along. How about something closer and much sooner like the Palm Springs epic before it gets too hot down there? Might even get MTBBill and his posse to show up.
If for chance unclemtb joined in, maybe there could be some sort of little gathering on the mesa this summer? I don't know , just putting ideas out???
 

·
Ride what you want!!
Joined
·
2,202 Posts
E ! said:
If for chance unclemtb joined in, maybe there could be some sort of little gathering on the mesa this summer? I don't know , just putting ideas out???
Well, June 3,4,5 is going to happen. If you're in the area maybe you can help coordinate. I think Saturday the 4th would be great for a gooseberry ride which could be the focus and the other days for other trails.

I've only done Gooseberry (6 years ago) and Rockville Bench (2 weeks ago).... neither trail is very hard. No real climbs just rollercoasters.

Tim??? Tim you out there? Wanna go to Utah.... don't forget Vegas too.

george
 

·
Its only 1" on the map!
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wherewolf said:
How about something closer and much sooner like the Palm Springs epic before it gets too hot down there? Might even get MTBBill and his posse to show up.
The posse, might be able to do something but I cashed out all my "gone all day weekend epics" for a bit on the roadtrip.
 

·
.........................
Joined
·
2,093 Posts
Paging Redmon---

george_da_trog said:
Well, June 3,4,5 is going to happen. If you're in the area maybe you can help coordinate. I think Saturday the 4th would be great for a gooseberry ride which could be the focus and the other days for other trails.

I've only done Gooseberry (6 years ago) and Rockville Bench (2 weeks ago).... neither trail is very hard. No real climbs just rollercoasters.

Tim??? Tim you out there? Wanna go to Utah.... don't forget Vegas too.

george
Redmon might be able to coordinate better. However, if you guys are coming down to vegas. I will be glad to show you the XC around bootleg. I am not to great on the DH stuff But, i will ride it on a HT if need be. I think steve can relate our easy going hospitality of us desert rats. We get alot of people out of town here, to tour around with.
 

·
mtbr dismember
Joined
·
6,988 Posts
UncleMTB?

george_da_trog said:
Tim??? Tim you out there? Wanna go to Utah.... don't forget Vegas too.
If Tim (UncleMTB) went I might consider it since I can always count on him hanging with me. I did do two days at Vegas but paid for it for nearly a week. However, we have talked about me going off on a photo safari by myself if I couldn't ride two days in a row. There would certainly be plenty for me photograph out there. Perhaps you should put up the website and then start a new thread. Early June is also the time for a return to the Plunge. It might not be that far for the Vegas boys.

BTW is appears Jim's (imjps) triumphant return from his clavicle break will be at New Melones on Wednesday 4/13. It will be at least partly a night ride I suspect.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top