Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Biking the trails in Shiloh Ranch park near my home in Sonoma County. started off up creekside trail and had gotten just past the lake. There are usually ducks and geese all hanging about around the little lake, so im careful not to mow any over. there is 1 goose that is in the tall grass about 8 feet off the trail who is yapping at me as i ride by. im tellin him not to charge me and everything will be good. about 10 yards past him i hear what i figure must be another bike coming up behind me. but as the sound gets louder i realize it's wings flapping and i start to turn my head. before i can look back that goose is on me and smacking its fat belly into the back of my helmet. felt like somebody had pelted me with a huge water balloon. he rammed me hard enough that it unsnapped one of the plastic snaps securing my helmet harness in place. funny as hell. i looked back and he was just standing on the side of the trail looking kinda dazed. i was laughing and looking around to make sure there was nobody around who could have seen this. thank God there wasnt. that is one bad ass goose:p

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
It's mating season. They are super protective right now. I pass them on my daily commute along the Guadalupe creek trail. I have yet to be attacked, but get hissed at all the time.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Head out there again and decoy that goose back in range and keep it close. This time while it is hissing and pecking at you, quickly place an MTBR Raleigh5 band on one of its legs. If I happen to bag it during hunting season you're on for some goose fajitas or goose stew - your choice. Wear goggles and maybe a full face helmet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts