Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running Glafer pads on my Juicy 7's with round rotors. The performance is great - excellent modulation and power, no fade, and no shuttering/pulsation like with stock pads.

However, I'm only get 2-3 months out of a set of pads with all the riding and descending i do. I've read horrible reviews about the EBC golds, wondering if anybody has tried the new Goodridge pads??

·
Registered
591 Posts
i got a chance to try them. under hard braking the return spring that came with them got sucked between the rotor and pad. so i put a spare avid return spring in and it also got sucked between the rotor and pad under hard braking.
the pads are now ruined.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
kidd said:
i got a chance to try them. under hard braking the return spring that came with them got sucked between the rotor and pad. so i put a spare avid return spring in and it also got sucked between the rotor and pad under hard braking.
the pads are now ruined.
sounds like they were ruined in the first place.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
put some 'resin' ie. non-sinterd goodridge pads on my juicy 7's..... transformed them into soft but not spongy, brilliant brakes (had to do a bit of dremelling to get the finger tabs to fit properly though. Recommended wholeheartedly :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
i've jst got a set of sintered pads for xt brakes this wk, will let you know how they get on after i fitted them. i did see a review in a bike magzine before i bought them howevere, and they seemed to come out pretty well.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Yeah have had galfer for a while in the XTR's. Recently got some Galfer resin. I think they are very similar to the stock Shimano resin pads. Last OK, good modulation, not as much power. Would recommend trying them though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.