Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the condition of Goodman Creek / Eagles Rest Trail? Is it still too soggy to ride without damage to the trail?

Also, how is brush (poison oak, blackberry) & blow down on the North Shore Trail?

Thanks in advance,
Nate

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
I was wondering the same. Things have been drying up quickly around here, but my guess is that Goodman will still have plenty of mud holes for a few more weeks. It's typically dry in time for 4th of July, but this year may take a bit longer.

North Shore trail is clear of almost all blow down ( I think there's 2 trees down from the dam to the campground) but the poison oak and blackberries are getting thick. I rode it last weekend, and got cut up by the blackberries, but I avoided the oak.

I think Fall Creek is clear, and riding well, but haven't been there this spring.

Of course, Oakridge has plenty of open trails, and most are clear and dry by now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Checked on Goodman/Eagle's this weekend...still very wet. Anyone who doesn't love mud shouldn't ride it. The climb to the top of Eagles above the road was in good shape but most everything else wasn't so good. S. Willamette/Lawler I rode on Saturday and that was dry and clear except one bridge is out near Eula tie in. I hiked Mt. June/Lost Creek/Sawtooth last weekend and removed the last few trees and all that is rideable now. Haven't had time to check on Eula/Hardesty.

·
Cannonball!
530 Posts
I must admit that I am very inexperienced with this area, but if Goodman is what I think it is I rode it one night last week and thought it was in great shape. I parked at the Hardesty parking lot, rode up the gravel road, back down the trail and did that loop twice. On the second loop I met up with some other riders at the top and did a bit of Eagle's Rest with them before hitting Goodman back to the car. There might of been a few soft spots here and there but I didn't seem to get all that dirty and didn't think I was damaging anything. I even passed a couple guys fixing a flat and they commented on how great the conditions were.:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
That is the right trail...the Goodman downhill section is in good shape the climbs coming out are in bad shape and on Saturday I ran into 2 parties of horse riders who rode Goodman and S. Willamette and made it even worse from what I saw. Eagle's is only really bad in the usual area which is below the shelter through the swap, so unless you rode up to the shetler you might not have seen all the mud.

·
Cannonball!
530 Posts
I definitely didn't go that far up Eagle's Rest, and the horses hadn't been on Goodman at that time. That sucks, I used to ride horses and didn't realize until lately just how much damage those critters can do to a trail in short order. Hooves seem to do way more damage than tires and most riders of horses could care less because the rider is 4-5 feet above the mud.

·
Old fast guy
98 Posts
i rode goodman on sunday and came across a couple on horses, we knew they were on trail due to the fresh tracks.

on condition, i thought goodman was in great shape. the couple of mud holes were like hard puddy, all i left was an impression of the scwalbe knobs

·
Registered
10 Posts
very smooth

I rode Eagle's Rest yesterday and the trail was in good shape for the most part. Just a couple of mud pits. The vegetation is beginning to really limit visibility on the trail. The upper section was excellent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.