Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope we all got some good riding in this w/e!

I got to hook up with a bunch of friends who I haven't rode with in quite a while.
Friday we ran some XC in Blue Mt. (NY) and Sunday I hooked up with some more buds at Diablo... Funny thing, I haven't rode with Scrublover in like a year, but I rode with him 3 times this week!

Blue Mt fun curtesy of Scrublover:

Me chasing Evan:

Rollers abound

Dana Rocks-it:

Then Sunday I switched scooters and went to Mountain Creek:
(Pix by me cept the ones of me)

Scrublover followed by BA rip the ladder:

Goofy-foot!:

Looking over "Covenant" drop and the Cannon kicker that it sets you up for:

Sweet friggin tranny!

Like everything else, the camera does Covenant no justice. The tranny has a good sized horizontal gap btwn it and the ladder, and it's ~6' to the base of the ladder + whatever gets you down to the dirt. Landing mid-ramp ads some more vert.
You have to come in slightly hot and hop-up off the ladder to make sure you don't land on the lip of the tranny. The approach is choppy at points so it's not exactly point and shoot. But if you get off with some mo' you'll land mid tranny and just zip right into the canon...and that is buttah smooth! I hit them a few times and the last run I mach'ed into the canon and went way, way farther than I expected.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Let's see, I rode Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun What a great week!

Attachments

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Very nice! I topped off the weekend (today) with some shuttle runs. I love mixn' it up! Sweeet, BZ.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,337 Posts
Bikezilla said:
What a great photo :thumbsup:

Fun times with such a big group of us tearing around on the mountain. Only the second time I've made it out there this season, definitely left me hankering for more.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Sweet shots BZ, gotta love those jumps......

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tnx all! :thumbsup:

A few more shots from Scrublover:

Bad Andy:

Rev Angle on Cov:

Cov Face on:

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Zilla, how are those Outlaw wheels holding up? I had some a few years back, and I destroyed 2 freehub bodies within a month. Azonic was cool about the warranty, but I was not impressed.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
tiSS'er said:
WOW...your Avy has such a little...chubbie. Time to get a Woodie
Far be it from me to pass on an upgrade... what would going to a woodie get me?

EC said:
how are those Outlaw wheels holding up?
I've had less than a handfull of rides on them. But they feel solid. I got them as a spare set while BTWB was replacing my destroyed EX823/CK rear. The OLs were very inexpensive for a wheelset, yet so blingy I just had to put them on. They weigh about the same as my CK/823 wheels. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the hub. Did you have to send the whole wheel back or just the FHbody?

LncNuvue said:
The reverse angle of that drop puts a good perspective on how big it is.
Yeppers, the rev angle does help the scope.

Hard to relate but here's some faux ballistics. (geeking it up cause I didn't ride today) There's an additional drop from the rock the ladder is standing on to the top of the flat table beneath it. That table projects horriz another good 6' beyond the 4' horriz under the ladder... Nice gap. The dotted line does not really account for actual speed. clearly going faster puts you further out than going slower. Most times I was haulin,hopped up at the end of the ladder, and landed 2/3rds down.The red arrow is about halfway down the tranny.

I've seen ppl slow-roll and rear-case the top of the dirt tranny w/o adverse results, but once you feel the buttah of landing midway+ there ain't no question but to go for it!
These are some great features Parklogic added this year. One flows into the other very well and the broad well graded tranny really inspires.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,337 Posts
I was tempted to start hitting the new stuff by the end of the day, so I'm itching to get back there and have another good day. Looks like this coming weekend is going to be Plattekill from Friday night to Sunday, riding, camping and burning what ever isn't tied down :madmax:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts