Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding my bike in to work for the past couple of weeks, however a recent spat of rain showers has pretty much put a halt to that trend until I can come up with some reasonable options. So, I'm hoping to figure out some options so the weather doesn't keep me from riding for too much longer. :)

I've been looking at lots of jacket options, but am having a hard time finding anything that's received decent reviews but remaining affordable (well below $100). I'm also debating getting a pair of pants, but know even less about what good options would be. Currently, I just wear a pair of cargo shorts and a t-shirt, and change when I get to work. However, neither is water repellant, nor will they work for when the temperatures start to drop in terms of keeping my extremities warmer.

For those of you who commute in all weather, what would you recommend for some affordable options? Anything (brands/materials/styles) you'd absolutely recommend that I stay away from?

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you want a good windbreaker/rain jacket which is super light and can be layered underneath, I'd recommend the Marmot Precip. The new for 2014s are $100, but can be found for $75 on sale (Dick's), and if you can find the 2013s they're even cheaper. 2014 model is even more waterproof and breathable than the 2013, but the 2013 is still a very good jacket. They make pants too, but I have no experience with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts