Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good trails in the Bancroft area? I’ll be spending some time there this summer and was hoping there’d be some good places to ride. I was up there this past weekend, and tried out the Vance Farm Park trails. There’s some nice terrain in there, but it was mostly four-wheeler trails and doubletrack, and although there was a ton of climbing, the terrain wasn’t that challenging coming back down. I eventually found some poorly marked singletrack, but it looked like it had never even been ridden, and it was extremely difficult to stay on the trail as I kept losing it!

I heard the Eagle’s Next trails are OK too, but I’ve never tried them?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I'm gonna get flamed, but...

Freerider said:
Does anyone know of any good trails in the Bancroft area? I'll be spending some time there this summer and was hoping there'd be some good places to ride. I was up there this past weekend, and tried out the Vance Farm Park trails. There's some nice terrain in there, but it was mostly four-wheeler trails and doubletrack, and although there was a ton of climbing, the terrain wasn't that challenging coming back down. I eventually found some poorly marked singletrack, but it looked like it had never even been ridden, and it was extremely difficult to stay on the trail as I kept losing it!

I heard the Eagle's Next trails are OK too, but I've never tried them?
Well, I may get slapped for suggesting this, but Silent Lake Provincial park has some hiking trails that aren't frequented often by hikers. Most of them are rideable and have some great technical rocky sections. There are riding trails there too, but they are okay at best. If you want some technical trails hit the hiking trails. I don't recall seeing any no bicycle signs, so use at your own risk.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Freerider said:
Does anyone know of any good trails in the Bancroft area?

I heard the Eagle's Next trails are OK too, but I've never tried them?
Get in touch with these people. http://www.tripsandtrails.ca/

Just down the road from the Tim Hortons with the best ever drive thru view.

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.