Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which trails would you hit between Spartanburg and Ocala on a MTB road trip.
Definitely going to do Dauset and Santos. Other possiblities are:
Clemson
Chickopee
San Felasco
Razorback
Not seeing much in south Georgia other than maybe Albany, but it's a good ways of the interstate.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Tour de Dump is in Sprtanburg and not that bad. Google Croft State Park or Tour de Dump. You also can't go wrong with Clemson if you go to Isaqueena. Stay away from Fants Grove, even the horses don't use it anymore.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not sure how far off the interstae you want to get but a little west of I-85 north of Atlanta outside the town of Gainesville, GA is a great trail system called Chicopee. Also, check out Ft. Yargo near Winder, GA east if I-85.

·
Registered
388 Posts
do you like freeride stuff?

If you like stunts and jumps, I would go an hour south of Ocala and hit up the TOE. The ridgeriders do a great job keeping the xc trails nice, and the freeride trails are pretty buff. Contact Ray or Kent at ridgeriders.net to set up a ride there if you want to check it out, as it is a private park.

·
Registered
136 Posts
For sure do Chickopee. It is maybe 10 minutes off of 85. In fact, if you know where to look you can see some of the trail from 85. Ft. Yargo is 30 to 40 minutes off of 85 depending on traffic.Yargo is easier and faster. Chickopee has more climbing. :)

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Bear Creek in Ellijay is a great ride that I didn't get a chance to do when I was there.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pointers. We will be looking for places with at least 10 miles of XC trails.
Flow,variety & scenery is what we are after. I've ridden Chickopee and Santos and they fit the bill. One scenario would be; Chickopee day one, Dauset day two,San Felasco day three,Santos day 4, Albany (Flint River) day 5, Yargo or Isaqueena day 6.

·
Registered
167 Posts
bikingbob said:
For sure do Chickopee. It is maybe 10 minutes off of 85. In fact, if you know where to look you can see some of the trail from 85. Ft. Yargo is 30 to 40 minutes off of 85 depending on traffic.Yargo is easier and faster. Chickopee has more climbing. :)
Actaully bikingbob is referring to I-985. Chicopee is probobly a 20 minute or so ride from I-85.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Clemson is worth it for sure! If you haven't ridden there before, post up here and find a "guide" as the trail markers are shoddy at best.

I am always following out there and I found out that I really don't know my way around. Not a good place to be lost in the dark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.