Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride in Socal where everything is dry and hard, with a layer of loose gravel/sand over many portions of the trail. I have a mobster on the front, which doesn't do wonders in these conditions, so I was wondering what front tire would work well for loose gravel on turns.

·
Charm City Cowboys
111 Posts
runforrest said:
Wtb weirwolf 2.1 front wtb wolverine 1.95 rear there a bit heavy but they corner and climb good
i ran weirwolf 2.3s on the front and the back, i just switched the rear out for a 2.0 sauserwind control. Havent tried the combo out but im hoping the 2.3 weirwolf on the front gives me what i want. You're saying the weirwolf hooks up in dry loose conditions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
rmanla said:
i ran weirwolf 2.3s on the front and the back, i just switched the rear out for a 2.0 sauserwind control. Havent tried the combo out but im hoping the 2.3 weirwolf on the front gives me what i want. You're saying the weirwolf hooks up in dry loose conditions?[/QUOTE It does for me, im 200lbs with gear. Im running the front at 30-32psi were did you find 2.3s?

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
rmanla said:
i ran weirwolf 2.3s on the front and the back, i just switched the rear out for a 2.0 sauserwind control. Havent tried the combo out but im hoping the 2.3 weirwolf on the front gives me what i want. You're saying the weirwolf hooks up in dry loose conditions?
The Weirwolf is at its best in dry loose conditions.

·
Charm City Cowboys
111 Posts
@runforrest - i snagged them at a hudson trail that was closing up shop for a discount rate. Hopefully the east coast heat will die down enough for me to take a spin on them this week. I might end up with a 2.1 or 2.2, im wondering how much of a weight reduction, rolling resistance boost i'll get.

@fsrxc - im not sure if its that im still not used to the bike i put together or if its the sand like consistance of my trails, but i dont feel like i have a lot of control. Could be im not trusting them enough to lean into the knobs. On a side note, i think these tires are really heavy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.