Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my last trip to Austin I ran into Lakesnake and it was awesome riding with him on some great Austin tech it's known for! Wish I had my DT with me.
I had my GoPro on my helmet and bar and in one ride that plastic mount I had didn't cut it.
He's machining his own Camera mounts and Bash guards. Check'em out"

Here's the link

Speedmounts.com

·
Buehliever
873 Posts
Great vid with great music. And that's a sweet bash.

·
Buehliever
873 Posts
As I watch you snake through the trees I just keep thinking that wider bars would make a huge difference for you, Austin boys. Wider bars along with armored gloves and good health insurance! Seriously, looks like some great riding. :cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
As I watch you snake through the trees I just keep thinking that wider bars would make a huge difference for you, Austin boys. Wider bars along with armored gloves and good health insurance! Seriously, looks like some great riding. :cool:
CZ has the most narrow bars of our crew at 760, not sure what Lakesnake and his crowd run. Not saying there hasn't been a broken hand or three...

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
CZ has the most narrow bars of our crew at 760, not sure what Lakesnake and his crowd run. Not saying there hasn't been a broken hand or three...
780 SIXC now, rocking carbon knuckled gloves since I started riding DH - there is no reason not to have that added protection, given we have the same exposure and none of the hand guards have carried over from moto.

TSC - you are right, trails here are tight, you really come to understand tree spacing pretty soon after moving here. It is well worth that portion of the riding is so miniscule that the trade off is worth it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ya, My bars have gotten progressively wider over the years. Currently about 705 wide. I like wide bars but you gotta watch your A$$ through the trees in Austin. There are a couple spots on my regular ride where I literally have to track stand and wiggle my bars through the trees. I bolt on the big bars when I head to the Park/mountains. Armored glove sound like a great idea though. Need to check into those. Plenty of smashed fingers around here.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Plenty of smashed fingers around here.
Yeah, one of the guys in the crew smashed his knuckle pretty good -says he only has about 25% of the grip strength in that finger due to the knuckle injury. Fuuuuug that!

FWIW, I've found that the Fox carbon knuckle gloves are the least durable, with Dakine seeming to have made one that works the best for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts