Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! My family and I are going on a trip to visit my Brother and sister in Law in Denver at the end of July. I was hoping some of you out there might know where some good spots were to MB. I'll be there for a week so if we have to drive an hour out of the way it's not that big of a deal. I definitely want to do some fishing while I'm there, and I know my brother will want to break out his dirty old photo vest and get to some serious fishing too! So if anyone knows of any place in the area where we might be able to get a little bit of both done that would be great! Thanks for the help everyone!

·
slow
7,834 Posts
We have tons of great places along the front range. At the end of July, you may want to spend that hour you allowed for driving to drive west into the mountains, where it is cooler than it will be near Denver.

Post up in the Colorado Front Range forum (http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70) when the time comes, and you will get lots of help and maybe even some tour guide offers. Since we have all kinds of riding, from technical to smooth and flowy, be sure to let us know what you like and what ability level trails you need / want.

P.S. Prepare to climb. Plenty of hills here, and thin air too!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I used to live in Denver. There are tons of trails all along the Front Range of the Rockies. I would recommend Matthew Winters/Red Rocks near Morrison, White Ranch just north of Golden, Walker Ranch on the other side of the Flatirons from Boulder, and Hall Ranch in Lyons. Just drop by a bike shop or REI and pick up a guidebook for directions.

Keep in mind that the altitude will kick your butt and it gets pretty hot during the summertime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.