Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am currently in the market for a new tire set-up. At the moment I am split between WTB Moto Raptors, and Panaracer Cinder. I am looking for something that will be fairly inexpensive, but will give me good grip and control. It also has to be wider than 2.2"-2.3" because of the rims I have. Any suggestions?

P.S. I mostly ride on intense singletrack(hardpack), with many roots, and hills, with the occasional mud run here and there.

Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why not try a High Roller with some sticky rubber in the front? I am running a 2.35 which is a bit thinner than other 2.35 but works great because of the sticky rubber and a Larsen TT in the back for the rolling resistance, it looks like it wouldn't work too well in muddy conditions, but I haven't had any problems with that setup in mud, hardpack, very loose and sticky and rocky. Fair enough, I don't go huge, am not blindingly fast, nor very talented, just a normal rider, but hey, it works for me! Try running them tubeless if you can, did a ghetto set up for both tires, and it feels like night and day.

Cheers!

·
mountain biker
535 Posts
have a look at the thread that has the results of a german magazine's tire tests. Using that as a reference guide, you should be able to find a tire that suits your local terrain, riding style and priorities.

That being said, I really like my new Alberts. They roll great and have great corner traction.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.