Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to pick up some tubes during lunch today for another attempt at a ride today.

Summary of first ride attempt: I left my hotel near the airport on my bike at about 5:45AM heading towards South Mtn. I found my way towards Javalena via a section of trail that is rarely ridden. I was about a mile into the trail when my rear tire started to fade. I changed the tube after pulling about 20 needles out of the tire. I war ready to go until I took a quick look at the front tire. I pulled out about 10 needles (of course releasing all of the air in process). I then removed the tire to find about 20 more more needles poking through on the inside. I only had another four patches so I picked the biggest holes to patch, pumped and headed back to the Hotel. I made it to within a half mile before I needed to put more air in. I pumped, then pulled the pump off only to also pull the presta head off and all the air came flowing out. I then had to walk the final 1/2 mile back to the hotel. Therefore, 2 hours of riding consisted of only 1 mile of trail. I know...put some slime, etc in the tires. I've made it the last three months without slime and only about 5 flats with semi weekly riding at all of the local trails. This is my final week in town before heading back to Chicago. I guess in the end it all caught up with me.

Ok, so where is a shop close to 24th/Lincoln or 24th/Camelbak so I can pick up some tubes and get out again tonight. This time it'll be up at the Squaw Peak area trails at it is close to the office.

Thanks!

· recovering roadie
606 Posts
There's also a shop called the Bike Barn at 36th St and Indian School in the big red barn, northwest corner. Not much super high end stuff, but a good local place to get your slime and tubes and such.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.