Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I’m in need of a good seat binder. I have a 31.6 post that keeps slipping, friction paste and all. I need something a bit more burly that clamps a good amount of surface area.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hope looks alright, never tried it. I have ran Salsa seat clamps on a few bikes no prob but I’ve also never had a slipping problem with any “normal non weight weenie” clamp. Aluminum/CF/Ti frames have all been slipless for me with Salsa and I’m pushing 240-250 lbs.

I always torque my clamps down to the seat post or frame mfg recommendation, whichever is lower. Generally in the range of 50-60 in/lbs.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Just stepping out on a limb here... but is your current clamp on correctly? (sorry, I'm not familiar with your level of experience)

I've run into more than a few riders that couldn't get their seat post clamp to hold properly because it wasn't aligned correctly... as in the bolt end needs to be on the same side as the tube's slit.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
use something with an M6 bolt - such as the DKG or salsa - or check the Engin one which is 2 bolts if you have room? - priamrily it was designed to clamp over a bigger surface area fordroppers (reducing the pinching of internal mechanisms) but it may help dependig on details of your set up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.