Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new gravel bike and a few days off and am looking for a couple nice 1/2 day or so rides on gravel, forest roads, or wicked quiet public roads, in VT or NH...

Any awesome loops you'd be willing to share?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Or go oldskool and pull out the atlas and gazetteer. The GMNF has miles and miles of forest service roads that make for amazing riding. Many/most of the adjoining roads are also what you're looking for. Half the fun (for me) is not having every single turn pre-planned. Since I don't have a gps and there's usually no cell service, I just snap a picture of the pages I'll be riding through and refer to them as needed. It's not unusual to see 0-2 cars an hour.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
They are everywhere. I use ride with gps. Rails to trails .com and trailforks. Check out the XVT and the green mt gravel growler.
I use and love Ride with GPS. I live in southern Maine but work on the north shore. Recently got a gravel bike and I really love the routes i can put together in the Georgetown/Ipswich/etc area. There is so many options and the scenery is awesome.

That is such a great biking area to live. Living around 128 for the techy mtbing, but being able to ride the Gravel bike north up into Ipswich... so many options.

I feel like i recall you living in that area in some thread where i was explaining my School St PTSD.

Ride with GPS for Gravel, and Maprika for MTB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.