Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
person
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from mass and im looking for some new places to ride when the weather gets a little better. How is the riding at Exeter/Ft. Rock, Bear Brook, and Pawtuckaway State Park. I heard good things from bikerag them. Anyone have a say in the riding at those spots or any other ones worth a look. I ride mostly tech XC stuff. I like riding big obsticales and small drops.

-Thanks, Dave

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
G-VegasMTBiker said:
I'm from mass and im looking for some new places to ride when the weather gets a little better. How is the riding at Exeter/Ft. Rock, Bear Brook, and Pawtuckaway State Park. I heard good things from bikerag them. Anyone have a say in the riding at those spots or any other ones worth a look. I ride mostly tech XC stuff. I like riding big obsticales and small drops.

-Thanks, Dave
Fort Rock is super fun and tech. Sort of like Lynn Woods in a way.

Bear Brook is straight x-country with some fun stuff to play on here and there. Very cool riding with endless miles.

Pawtuckaway in my opinion is wack, for the exception of the newer trail they put in a few years ago.

Greg

·
Registered
697 Posts
yogreg said:
Fort Rock is super fun and tech. Sort of like Lynn Woods in a way.

Bear Brook is straight x-country with some fun stuff to play on here and there. Very cool riding with endless miles.

Pawtuckaway in my opinion is wack, for the exception of the newer trail they put in a few years ago.

Greg
I think you need to get back to Pawtuckaway with a guide who knows where to go Greg, its great out there. Much closer to Ft Rock than Bear Brook, with killer hills and long techy downhills. Loads of fun!:thumbsup:

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Merrimack Dave said:
I think you need to get back to Pawtuckaway with a guide who knows where to go Greg, its great out there. Much closer to Ft Rock than Bear Brook, with killer hills and long techy downhills. Loads of fun!:thumbsup:
Just one mans opinion.

·
Registered
697 Posts
yogreg said:
Just one mans opinion.
Me too actually.

Not to hyjack the thread, but I just got through bolting the DHX on my bike and it looks and fits great. Can't wait to put it through the paces. I bought a low pressure shock pump, dialed in the fork sag, now the front and rear are perfectly balanced :thumbsup: .

·
customized
3,123 Posts
G-VegasMTBiker said:

-Thanks, Dave
PM or email me when the weather get's better. I will show you any of those places and others if you wish. We have a good group of guys that ride just the way you describe. All of those places have the riding you want. All are XC technical all day, you just need to be shown the way. The right guide can make any place magical.

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
G-VegasMTBiker said:

-Thanks, Dave
You'll have to come and ride marsh-a-besic. I'm planning to head back soon to get my butt handed to me. It's like the techy-est sections of Ft Rock, but relentlessly thrown at you for 2.5 hours (or until dave shows you the way out LOL!).

RJ

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
tozovr said:
You'll have to come and ride marsh-a-besic. I'm planning to head back soon to get my butt handed to me. It's like the techy-est sections of Ft Rock, but relentlessly thrown at you for 2.5 hours (or until dave shows you the way out LOL!).

RJ
I've been hearing good things about marsh-a-besic. I'm on the sea coast all the time but still don't know where it is. Any info you can share would be great! Dig the avatar,.....the dude abides.

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
It's semi-secret. Dave Michaud cut the whole thing and without him, I imagine it wouldn't be much fun to ride your first time (or even advisable LOL).

Head over to http://www.mtbmind.com/forums/index.php? and drop him a line (capt-high-pressure). I'm sure he would be stoked to show you around. He was recruiting riders with studded tires for a ride last week LOL.

RJ

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
tozovr said:
It's semi-secret. Dave Michaud cut the whole thing and without him, I imagine it wouldn't be much fun to ride your first time (or even advisable LOL).

Head over to http://www.mtbmind.com/forums/index.php? and drop him a line (capt-high-pressure). I'm sure he would be stoked to show you around. He was recruiting riders with studded tires for a ride last week LOL.

RJ
holy secret handshake.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
yogreg said:
holy secret handshake.
It is not all that secret. The guy that put the trails in (which are on private land) just wants to show people the route the first time. If you go out there without him and get lost, ending up in someones backyard, then it may make for bad relations.

I saw a video of the place and it is very very cool. I will get it figured out.

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
Severum said:
It is not all that secret. The guy that put the trails in (which are on private land) just wants to show people the route the first time. If you go out there without him and get lost, ending up in someones backyard, then it may make for bad relations.

I saw a video of the place and it is very very cool. I will get it figured out.
http://www.mtbmind.com/capt/12-17-06.wmv Right Click, save as...

Dave is a GREAT guy, I'm sure he'll be glad to show folks around.

RJ

·
Registered
750 Posts
That place is awesome, totally surprised me.
I want to go back so bad, up and down rock spines the whole time it felt like.
Greg-you would love this place.

-dan

·
Registered
96 Posts
AOF said:
That place is awesome, totally surprised me.
I want to go back so bad, up and down rock spines the whole time it felt like.
Greg-you would love this place.

-dan
Dan:

Is this place located down the rail trail, through the nice neighborhood then down that main road off to the left? If so, cool trail.

Matt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.