Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be visiting some friends in Nashville for the next week or so and was considering taking my bike to do some riding while I was down there.
I ride an SX tail and prefer burly AM and FR stuff. The more technical and rocky the better. I'm not expecting to find anything too gnar in the area but are there any fun trails that one should check out?
I've read a little about hamilton creek and montgomery bell but not a whole lot about what kind of trails these really are.
Anywhere north of Nashville would be fine since it is on my way from Lexington KY. Other than that, I'd like to stay within an hour of Nashville.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
pedro_sandchez said:
I am going to be visiting some friends in Nashville for the next week or so and was considering taking my bike to do some riding while I was down there.
I ride an SX tail and prefer burly AM and FR stuff. The more technical and rocky the better. I'm not expecting to find anything too gnar in the area but are there any fun trails that one should check out?
I've read a little about hamilton creek and montgomery bell but not a whole lot about what kind of trails these really are.
Anywhere north of Nashville would be fine since it is on my way from Lexington KY. Other than that, I'd like to stay within an hour of Nashville.
I think Hamilton is your best bet. I was in Nashville last week for xmas and was considering taking my 6" bike...but decided against it, because it would have seen one use at best.

MB park doesn't seem gnar at all. I am not sure that Hamilton is either, but it probably the most technical thing that Nashville has to offer.

Locals please correct me if I am wrong...

also check the forum in teh parent directory of this vid listing:

·
Registered
214 Posts
pedro_sandchez said:
The more technical and rocky the better.
If you like technical and rocky then Hamilton Creek is your top choice, and it will probably exceed your expectations.

HC info: http://www.sorbachattanooga.org/trails/trail_guide.php?state=TN&trail=9

Tips:

1. Cars are sometimes broken into while riders are out on the trail. You should be safe if you follow this advice. (a) Don't park your car by the trail head, park it halfway between the trail head and the bmx track. Basically, where you have a choice to go to one or the other pull straight forward and park there. (b) Don't leave anything in plain sight in your vehicle when parked. This includes gym bags. I have never heard of a car getting broken into if there was nothing in sight, so be sure to lock everything in your trunk or at least keep it out of sight.
2. This is one of those public parks that sees men cruising the parking lots for male companionship. Apparently, backing into a parking space is some type of signal that you are available. So pull your car straight into a parking space, do not back in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.