Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming to Cannon Beach for a wedding in mid September and looking for some local knowledge. Is there good cross country riding close to this area? Anyone with any info about good places to ride and/or good places to rent a bike would be much appreciated . . . and if anyone wants to ride and show off the local trails on the weekend of 9/17 and/or 9/18, I'd be very happy to express my thanks by buying a few rounds at a local watering hole! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
850 Posts
look up mikes bikes in cannon beach. I grew up in seaside (a few miles north) and got a bike once from mikes..(1988 hardrock comp!) Im not sure if they rent bikes or are even still around.... its been years since i was back on the coast. Also look into shops in Astoria. I hear there are some good trails up there, although it might be too far north for you.... depending on how much time you have. Ive also heard of some freeride trails on neakani (sp?) mtn......

good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Braeden

Thanks for telling me about Mike's, I called and reserved a Specialized hardtail for the weekend I'll be out there and he told me there was a trailhead about five miles down the road which I figure is rideable (also will have a rental car.) Hopefully he'll have some maps or I'll hook up with some locals. Thanks for hooking me up with a shop!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where abouts is neakani mtn? I head to the coast pretty often, wouldn't mind bringing my bike along. To whoever was visiting the coast, you'll love it its beautiful. I love the canon beach/ seaside area. Have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.