Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Riding a Rig.
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good riding for a beginner in south central pa?

I'm looking for some good riding for a beginner in south central pa. I've read the descriptions for some trails in Gettsyburg and most of them seem pretty rough. Anyone know where I should start? erm... ment south central.. my bad :p

·
Riding a Rig.
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm about 2.5 hours from state college. Actualy.. if theres some stuff in maryland too as I'm only a few miles from the Md border.

·
my church is the woods
1,066 Posts
check out gettysburg bicycle

If you live near Michaux or Gettysburg, you should do the Terror of Teaberry race in September....a good way to learn some trails in southern Michaux state forest. And it has the most beginner friendly trails of the three races at Michaux.

Also, check out some local bike shops to see if they have group rides, trail maps, and other info that could be helpful resources.

I could maybe help you out more if you gave more indication exactly where you live and how far you want to travel to ride. I've ridden most spots within a 50 mile radius of Harrisburg, mostly east of there though.

·
Riding a Rig.
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm about 10 miles south of gettysburg. I guess anything within an hours drive would be fine.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Try contacting the guys at York Area Mtb Bike Assoc.

Vulcan said:
I'm about 10 miles south of gettysburg. I guess anything within an hours drive would be fine.
Try contacting the folks at YAMBA.org. I hear they are doing a great job building and maintaining trails in the York County area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.