Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to work in some climbing into a Grn Mtn turn yesterday to help get back in shape, up tower road from Rooney road, (seriously boring, but a good, long climb), down Hayden and then back up on Rooney valley, then the plan was to go around on the summit loop and down box to the parking lot.
Just make the turn on summit when I flatted, upon further inspection, I had ripped a 1 inch out of the rear tire, no need to sacrifice another tube, walked back to the car, the walk of shame.
Glad I got the climbs in, only missed out on the downhill roll back to the car.
Must have had a dozen riders offer to help, tubes etc.

That is what get for trying to get just a couple more rides out of too old tire.

·
Chronic 1st-timer
2,432 Posts
Don't people carry gorilla tape/powerbar wrappers/$$ bills any more to fix ripped sidewalls? :confused:
A 1.5"x2.5" piece of an old water bottle has saved me more than once - always in my tool pack.

...but more shocking is this statement:
...Glad I got the climbs in, only missed out on the downhill roll back to the car....

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I carry the tape, but this was a tear of historic porportions, it was an inch wide and nearly 2in long, did not think that the gorilla tape would hold.

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A 1.5"x2.5" piece of an old water bottle has saved me more than once - always in my tool pack.

...but more shocking is this statement:
yeah, but only I know how truly out of shape I am, and that working the uphill is more effective in getting me in shape.

·
F/K/A warmachine15
16 Posts
Don't people carry gorilla tape/powerbar wrappers/$$ bills any more to fix ripped sidewalls? :confused:
I carry strips of old tube I can double and triple up for sidewall tears. Mostly because I have so many bikes I have no $$ to carry. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts