Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Chevy Chase style trip to Orlando happening next week and I think I can extract myself from family responsibility for half a day to get a ride in. Ideal situation would be 10-12 miles of medium singletrack with a bikeshop (with rentals/demos) and friendly pub at the trailhead. Suggestions?

·
Registered
268 Posts
That would be Santos

Rent a bike at the Santos Bike Shop and connect to 35+/- miles of trails, pump track, etc... from the SHOP parking lot!!

2 hours north of the Rat, Florida Turnpike to I-75.

Not close but worth the trip.
Get up early, drive from O town, and be there when the shop opens.
If you are driving south on I-75 to get to O town, stop by the shop and check it out.
More info here:

http://omba.org/

http://www.santosbikeshop.com/

Tilos

·
turtles make me hot
11,753 Posts
I pulled out of my driveway this morning headed for Orlando with my Stumpy on the back of my truck. Made it to New Jersey and my transmission took a dump. The highlight of the whole trip for me was checking out Santos and Alafia. I'll be down in a couple of months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After checking out the maps and looking at some pics it appears I NEED to find a way to ride Santos. Might have go into the grumpy :madmax: Dad routine for a couple days so they'll be happy to be rid of me.

Tough luck on the transmission NYrr. Will it take you a couple months to fix the transmission or are you riding the Stumpy to Orlando? :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
AFAIK, The Santos bike shop is the only one that does rentals, and yes the place rips. Right in O-town we only have the LBE forest it's 14 miles of single track not very well groomed and there's a lot of sugar sand not overly technical and very little in the form of climbs. Santos is your place.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Orange Blossom Trail

I knew a guy who knows a guy whose brother-in-law rode the Orange Blosom Trail once.:rolleyes:

You might want to check it out, oh wait the Orange Blosom Trail is a six lane highway.

I hope this helps.

(Sorry, twisted sense of humor)

Tilos

·
Rabid Lana Fan
10,347 Posts
Tilos said:
I knew a guy who knows a guy whose brother-in-law rode the Orange Blosom Trail once.:rolleyes:

You might want to check it out, oh wait the Orange Blosom Trail is a six lane highway.

I hope this helps.

(Sorry, twisted sense of humor)

Tilos
This is funny, especially if you know what South OBT is famous for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.