Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the triangle area, and was wondering if anyone knew of any good 6 hour or longer races within a 2 hour drive of here. I will have my singlespeed ready by then with all the parts I want, so will definitely be aching for a ride.

·
Topeak-Ergon Racing
708 Posts
The Burn 24 Hour Challenge May 27th & 28th in Wilkesboro, NC www.burn24hour.com Look for a major site update this week.

The Off-Road Assault on Mt Mitchell, Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventure Race, Cowbell Challenge 12 Hour, 12 Hours Of Renni, 24 Hours of Pisgah and I'm sure there are others. Check out www.ride424.com for a complete listing.

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
A few more

Dance with the Devil (12 hour Triangle race)
Swank 65 (Brevard ..ish)
Night Train (12 hour Fontana Village)
Double Dare (if Eric does it again) Pisgah
Charlotte is supposed to have a 12 hour race this spring. It was postponed from fall last year. (crap, Eddie mentioned the Renni race)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
There's a thread started today re: the 2006 Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventure Race.
One of the best, unique format, great trails, good people.

I believe there's going to a 24 Hours of Fontana this year- watch fontanavillage.com for more info. 12 Hours of Tsali was great last year - goneriding.com.

The Burn race is really sweet, as are the ORAMM and Swank.

Is that enough? Because watch this thread- I'm certain there's more in the works...
Mike

·
Registered
145 Posts
24 Hours of Pisgah

I know, I know Eddie already mentioned the 24 Hours of Pisgah, but you know I couldnt resist saying it again. And like Mike said it is a fact that there will be more. wink wink nudge nudge

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Stop it

Enduro Adventures said:
I know, I know Eddie already mentioned the 24 Hours of Pisgah, but you know I couldnt resist saying it again. And like Mike said it is a fact that there will be more. wink wink nudge nudge
Quit with all the winking and nudging. Just kidding. I will wait with baited breath, but my only concern would be keeping some time open to do something fun (and different). This better just not be a lead up to the announcement of "The 25 Hours of Pisgah"

·
Registered
145 Posts
teamdicky said:
Quit with all the winking and nudging. Just kidding. I will wait with baited breath, but my only concern would be keeping some time open to do something fun (and different). This better just not be a lead up to the announcement of "The 25 Hours of Pisgah"
I just had something in my eye, and real bad gas. No really there are some plans for a Pisgah Area SORBA race to raise funds, and awareness. There is also another one that is a long shot, and if it happens will be announced very soon, but we have no plans for another 24 this year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cowbell 12hr and 6hr

5th annual cowbell challenge 12hr and 6 hr, june 24, 10am to 10pm, in charlotte.
we are getting timing chips this year to track all racers times.
winners of the 12hr will be awarded custom jerseys, the cowbell, fast lap man and woman will get a wheel set and much more ... the website will be updated soon for more info... riding some laps at night and trying to make the course longer too this year. we are getting more sponsors each for this race... shimano, kona, fox, sugoi...
will eddie o and rich being coming back to defend their on going titles in 06?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.