Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i need your help once again
I found a Kona Blast 2012 on the ads, and for $450, do you think its worth it?

18inch frame.

Great entry level bike with good components to build up your skills.
Bike is in excellent condition.
7005 Race Lite Aluminum frameset
Rockshox XC32 TK with lockout, rebound, preload adjustments
Avid Elixir 1 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm front rotor and 160mm rear
27 speed full Shimano drivetrain
Deore rear deraileur
Upgraded tires, saddle, grips

Exact bike on Kona official site with frame geometry. (USA version comes with the same fork in white)

If you are serious in upgrading, I have full Shimano XT drivetrain or SRAM x7/x9 drivetrain available.

Price is negotiable. MSRP of this bike is 999$ +tax.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
To me, not a bad bike for the price. With the way things are going, you should try out a 27.5 and 29er before buying a 26er.
It will be a bit heavy with that fork but it's a lot better than the low end Suntour's on most cheap bikes. A good rideable trail bike without upgrades.
Most people have a hate for the Avid brakes but upgrades are cheap lately if you go that way.
Size would probably be OK but you should give it a 18 and a 19 a try to see what you like better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see cobba linked you to Bicycle Blue Book, save that site to your favs. I've used the heck out of it lately. Looks like the seller does too, so price seems reasonable.

Don't be in any hurry to get a deal on a bike, and ride a few to get the fit and feel right. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
15,136 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.