Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my LBS, they found a crown race for my headset on an old bike frame they had in their storeroom. Score! I also was able to get the 8" brake adapter I needed as well!

So HUGE THANKS to Slippery Pig Bike Shop in Phoenix. They've always taken care of me and this time, they saved me from being bikeless for another week.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Cheers

KavuRider

G

·
Thats great to hear

I will put some testing on an LBS tomorrow, to see if they will install my headset on the spot and rebuild my wheel overnight so I can make my trip and leave friday afternoon...

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Pic of my new setup!

Sorry for the low-quality. My digital camera died on me so I had to use my camera phone.

Banshee Scream with a brand new Z1 Light up front. Looking forward to getting out on the trails!

Cheers

KavuRider

Attachments

·
East Coast Style
1,373 Posts
KavuRider said:
Sorry for the low-quality. My digital camera died on me so I had to use my camera phone.

Banshee Scream with a brand new Z1 Light up front. Looking forward to getting out on the trails!

Cheers

KavuRider
now thats sweet looking. nice man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, the Chap would be a far better match. But as you said, you gotta ride what you have. I tried to sell this bike (originally with a Monster T) but after getting some pretty low offers, I just decided to keep it. I'm (hopefully) going riding this weekend, should be fun!

Cheers

KavuRider

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you ask the owner, he will explain it. To be honest, I still haven't figured it out completely. But it does stick in your mind! Something about a cartoon character...

Awesome shop. If you are ever in Phoenix, definitely stop in.

Cheers

KavuRider

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could be. I think I remember hearing something about that...Well, they treated me right! Plus, I've known the owner since before he was the owner.

I'm psyched to go riding, can't wait!

KavuRider

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.