Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Frozen Peni$

I ran this morning at 6am. It must've been below 10 degrees. I don't know if it's possible for flip sausages to freeze but it sure felt like it this morning. It was painful!!! It almost made me want to go the Y and run indoors (but not quite)...

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try Spin class yet?

flipnidaho said:
I ran this morning at 6am. It must've been below 10 degrees. I don't know if it's possible for flip sausages to freeze but it sure felt like it this morning. It was painful!!! It almost made me want to go the Y and run indoors (but not quite)...
I know sounds wimpy?
It is an awesome workout.
I think this + high repetition, low weight-weight training is going to get and keep ME fit through the Idaho winter season

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
My $.02

Back in the day (about 15 years ago) when I used to race, we were doing race simulations on mag-trainers in winter(which eventually evolved into Spinning). It was fun but became boring really quick. I sold my mag trainer, got Niterider Duals (I think they're called Classic now) and I haven't been on a bike that did not move forward when I pedaled since… I also started doing 'cross races on Wednesdays nights...
I do understand that spinning is a good alternative for folks with crazy schedules but still want to pedal. However, for me, it feels too much like exercise for the sake of exercising…

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Buhok

You gotta grow the hair back dude... in all the right places.
I went out at 630am for my run this morning and my lips just about froze. I got home and my jaw wouldn't work (people at work think it's a blessing)...

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
mtnbkrdr98 said:
Riding to work in freezing weather, Way to roll and keep it going through the winter!
Well thanks. I didn't think anyone even noticed <blush> except the ******** that laugh their heads off and spill their morning coffees in their laps when they drive by in their company trucks and see me pedalling along.

This a.m. at 5deg where I live was a tad chilly, but still, I was very comfortable.

If you're ever along Victory in the morning and see a dude ambling along on a red Bianchi road/cross bike, dark blue parka, that's moi. Give a wave, hand out a cup of coffee, but please don't honk as you pass. Wakes me up and scares the jeebers out of me.

CB

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Props to all the folks that commute via bike or horse or whatever (anything but a nice and warm SUV like myself). Man is it cold out there and right now it's a bit breezy here in downtown.

I went for a run last night around 5:30pm along the Greenbelt and holy crap was it cold, but I was fairly comfortable. Well except for my face. I think Weather.com had the temps last night at around 10-11 degrees with the windchill. Next time I'm packing my balaclava in my duffle bag.

Needless to say until it warms up into the 20s at night, the SS is sitting idle in the garage. But it does look like it will warm up this weekend!

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Bombin4X said:
I thought you wore a fuscha/yellow/neon pink windbreaker? Did you go shopping big guy?

Nahh, it's too cold for any of my thin, loud happy roadie jackets. I broke out the Marmot goretex parka when it dropped under 20deg. Saturday's a maybe, but its really busy with family and Christmas right now. Let's keep in touch on it.

CB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.