Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
hey thanks for the link ...

i was just about to ask the question you answered with that link ... :)

just broke the 40 mile limit and discovered that i will need to strengthen my upper back to continue working out at that range every week ...no muscle soreness but hella sorness in the back and neck ...and it dosen't help that i have a vertabrea out of joint from a childhood injury (i know need to see a chiroprator about that)

also if any one has any more suggestions please

thanks ... :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
thanks for the link.Im gonna try some as soon as I get off this computer

·
Registered
61 Posts
more core strength stuff

laotsu42 said:
i was just about to ask the question you answered with that link ... :)

just broke the 40 mile limit and discovered that i will need to strengthen my upper back to continue working out at that range every week ...no muscle soreness but hella sorness in the back and neck ...and it dosen't help that i have a vertabrea out of joint from a childhood injury (i know need to see a chiroprator about that)

also if any one has any more suggestions please

thanks ... :cool:
That is a good link!

I can't give you a specific link, but I think that a good core strengthening program will help you as well. There are many ways to accomplish this, some good ones are pilates and the exercise ball. The best way to do pilates is to take classes from a certified instructor. Or, if that doesn't appeal to you, try an exercise ball. They're inexpensive, come with instructions, and you can do the exercises at home. They come in different sizes (I prefer the 55cm size) and are awesome for conditioning the core trunk muscles that don't always get activated by general abdominal exercises (transverse abdominals, erector spinae, etc.) If you do a google search on "core strength", you'll get a more detailed explanation of why this is important and some training ideas. There are also many good books on core conditioning as well - check out your local book store.

The key is to do this consistently, and to vary the type of core exercises you do as well.

Hope this helps!
-HH

·
robust, yet smooth
473 Posts
suggestions

ashwinearl said:
The stretches looks good and I appreciate him putting it together. It's largely yoga and physical therapy stuff.

One suggestion - get off your toes for the first and next to last stretch. Let your foot lie flat, resting on the top of your foot, not your arched toes, with your toes pointing AWAY from your body. You'll get a better stretch and not put undo strains on your toes, feet, and ankles.

Also, with the neck stretches: Place your pulling hand on the head and move very steadily and slowly in the stretch direction. Then hold and try to ease into a deeper stretch. This is where you do the work in the stretch, as your muscles first response is to tighten and protect the joints. Once you ease past this you can get more of a stretch in. Make sure that you do neck stretches in one plane only, ie, a strait line.

thanks for the link

-capt p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.