Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ah...oh yeah..i forgot
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good, lightweight toddler helmet? We bought a toddler helmet from toys-r-us that seems to fit pretty good on my 14 month old, but it seems pretty big and bulky. Right now I put him in the trailer and ride him 10 minutes in the morning to drop him off at the daycare before I ride to work. It seems like the helmet bothers him in that short amount of time. I'm looking for suggestions on other options for good comfortable, lightweight toddler helmets for him. Strong, Light, and not necessarily cheap will do.

mike

·
Registered
16,013 Posts
mikeyjunior said:
Can anyone recommend a good, lightweight toddler helmet? We bought a toddler helmet from toys-r-us that seems to fit pretty good on my 14 month old, but it seems pretty big and bulky. Right now I put him in the trailer and ride him 10 minutes in the morning to drop him off at the daycare before I ride to work. It seems like the helmet bothers him in that short amount of time. I'm looking for suggestions on other options for good comfortable, lightweight toddler helmets for him. Strong, Light, and not necessarily cheap will do.

mike
Specialized makes some nice ones. We have one for our daughter and she doesn't mind the fit.

http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=9129&JServSessionIdroot=4odq0c5b3j.j27002

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
mikeyjunior said:

mike
I think all the toddler size helmets are quite big and bulky. My 2 year old has a trek helmet that looks like a normal MTB helmet but it is still large and almost impossible for him to wear in the trailer because the seat is solid to the top of the trailer. He has to ride looking down. You might be able to find a "skate" style helmet that would be less bulky.

·
We get titles?
937 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts