Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
well just tried on a pair of 661 race knee/shin gaurds. it felt good and it had one of those top slid in, reinforce with a velcro strap. I think those are the ones that I am planning to get. I still wanna try other brand first so I can compare them.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
doodooboi said:
well just tried on a pair of 661 race knee/shin gaurds. it felt good and it had one of those top slid in, reinforce with a velcro strap. I think those are the ones that I am planning to get. I still wanna try other brand first so I can compare them.
they are ok, get roaches insted, my friend has thoes and they are awesome, the races pretty much suck, they are kinda comfortable at first, but after a while the middle velco strap stops sticking, and the back of the knee rubs, get roaches or fox launchs

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like the Roach/Raceface also. The Roach RallyFR are great for freeriding, comfortable when pedaling and don't fall down. They can also take big impacts well. The Roach RallyDH has thicker foam and a knee stabilization pad. The DH Roach is a little more restrictive when pedaling but the straps are secured better to the hardshell than the FR Roach.

Erik,

www.balleracing.com

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
SixSixOnes definitely arent the best but if you want to try them out you can usually find a pair on E-bay for like 10 bucks. Get 'em and if you dont like them its only 10 bucks and keep them as a spare set or give them to a buddy thats just starting out and get the Roaches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.