Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,
I'm trying to find a good headlight for commuting and some trail riding, but I only have about $150 to spend. I find it frustrating because there seems to be no means to compare lights on a head to head basis. I'm looking for suggestions on what to get, or if anything is worthwhile at this point. The most important thing for me is light output, I'm less concerned about weight, battery type etc. Just looking for a good bright light with decent runtime and a handlebar and helmet mount

Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check out the Nite Rider SOL. IIRC it retails under $200.

Been using it as a commuter light since November, and its been great. About as bright as the MiNewt X2 (single), but runs off NiMH instead of li-ion.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mollydog1976 said:
Help,
I'm trying to find a good headlight for commuting and some trail riding, but I only have about $150 to spend. I find it frustrating because there seems to be no means to compare lights on a head to head basis. I'm looking for suggestions on what to get, or if anything is worthwhile at this point. The most important thing for me is light output, I'm less concerned about weight, battery type etc. Just looking for a good bright light with decent runtime and a handlebar and helmet mount

Thanks!
Check out the P7 flash lights on DX 900 Lumen for $65....With $150 you could buy two P7's & chargers with four 2500mah batteries and you would still have change left over.

154 grams with battery installed. 2, 5 & 8 mode models available.

torch $44.50
chargers approx $10
two 2500 mah li-ion batteries $10[/LIST]

How can you go wrong at these prices. Bargain!

If any component fails it wont break the bank to replace it!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.