Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
The Airborne Guardian if you are under 200lbs.(because of the 28mm stanchions of the fork)
It doesn't have the bike path Suntour fork.
It has decent drive components with Sram X5.
$675 delivered.
Minimal assembly. There is a good Youtube vid.
They will answer the phone and help with any questions.
Airborne Bicycles. Guardian 2.0
Wellgo CNC Platform B143 Flat Pedals | Chain Reaction Cycles
These pedals ship free until Tuesday and work with trailrunners(stubby not sharp pins) and the low heels riding technique on Straight Lines.
How To: Cornering and Straight Line - Pinkbike

·
Resident Gear Head
727 Posts
I agree. I looked at other HT 29ers locally before I bought my Airborne Guardian. They were all more expensive with the same or in some instances lower grade components. I like my Guardian a lot

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Airborne Guardian if you are under 200lbs.(because of the 28mm stanchions of the fork)
It doesn't have the bike path Suntour fork.
It has decent drive components with Sram X5.
$675 delivered.
Minimal assembly. There is a good Youtube vid.
They will answer the phone and help with any questions.
Airborne Bicycles. Guardian 2.0
Wellgo CNC Platform B143 Flat Pedals | Chain Reaction Cycles
These pedals ship free until Tuesday and work with trailrunners(stubby not sharp pins) and the low heels riding technique on Straight Lines.
How To: Cornering and Straight Line - Pinkbike

Now what about someone over 200 lbs. I'm 217 and going down but will these forks hold up. I heard you can upgrade the springs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
Now what about someone over 200 lbs. I'm 217 and going down but will these forks hold up. I heard you can upgrade the springs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
You can change the spring to match your weight but the fork is made in other models with larger diameter stanchions 30 and 32mm(which is what you find in better 100mm forks). 28mm gets flexy with your weight. The Seeker has an air fork with no spring change needed and will not be flexy. Worth it for heavier riders. Alternatively you can upgrade the Guardian fork to an even better Manitou Tower Pro. Check ebay for a deal.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
I like secondhand in that price range. 29ers have been around long enough to be on the secondary market, especially hardtails.

Do you have a bike now? Are you planning to use it for mountain biking?

·
I hate sugar sand.
115 Posts
I like secondhand in that price range. 29ers have been around long enough to be on the secondary market, especially hardtails.
This makes sense. Try to buy used if you can. Look for something that does NOT have a bottom of the barrel pogo stick/boat anchor Suntour fork. A crappy fork was the single biggest detriment to having fun on my bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.