Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a nice decade with my old 26" ibex 100mm fs, the frame has cracked. Time to move on...

I'm 6' 200lbs. My last bike had Sram x9 components. Looking for a fun 29 trail bike of similar spec. What's out there?

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's going to be very challenging to get X9 at that price level. Couple ideas:
Airborne Hobgoblin
Airborne Bicycles. HobGoblin

Leftover Niner Jet 9 ( yeah its 80mm. So?)
Niner Jet 9 Price Point Pro Build Shimano XT/SLX Bike - $3400 Retail Value | Bikes | Niner | www.PricePoint.com

Giant Anthem X3. Although the X1 has many, many times better components for 1k more. Maybe you can find a deal.

Cannondale was blowing out leftover 2013 Scalpels for great deals. You'd have to shop around. I think the same with Trek Superfly. Specialized was moving Cambers a bit ago.

·
Registered
367 Posts
crosslakesales in Sporting Goods > Cycling| eBay

Hopefully the link works. Crosslake sales has 2013 Marin Rift Zone 100mm travel bikes on sale on the bay. Full factory warranty and several models under $2000. For a little over $2100 shipped you could have a 2013 with full XT.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for ideas. Yes, I new x9 would be tough to find at my price point. I was "spoiled" with the level I have but it was after all an internet only company. So they put top level components on mediocre frames. But I do prefer SRAM so I could live with x7 if the build is nice.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I've been eyeing the Marin bikes that Crosslakes is closing out myself. They look like pretty good deals.

Here's another under 2k 29er fs bike I've been looking at:

Fezzari Abajo Peak Cross Country Mountain Bikes | Fezzari Bikes®

(Don't know anything about the fezzari bikes except that they will change out and upgrade components very cheaply. They quoted me a killer deal on a stans wheel and gripshift uprgrades. Also, they take your measurements and adjust stuff like stem length and bar width for you).

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have never ridden high end components so I don't really know how they are so much better. I have been looking at the Specalized Camber and the Giant Anthem. They are both priced right at $1750 in my area and seem to be quality and reliable bikes. I chose the Anthem 3. Shifts when I want it to and stops when I want it to. I think that I will be happy with it for many years to come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.