Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,100 Posts
2007 gold labels are really nice. everyone will scream for the rockshox pike. but its really more designed to be an AM fork. you could also look into the argyle, but the lower end models lack what manitou has to offer. you could also look into the stance static, its served me well. but the gold labels seem to have a little less problems.

·
Portland, OR
3,100 Posts
just a note to the op, you'll hear rumors of the marzocchi DJ series being crap, and most of them were, but for 2007 the fork has really been changed. rode a DJ 2 today, I was impressed enough. and at the DJ 3 coming at $230.00 ish...really hard to beat.

only prob is, I would get one ... but I love the gold lables too much, really stiff street fork. also the 07 comes in green :cool:

·
Portland, OR
3,100 Posts
snaky69 said:
The green is pretty sick, I must say.
think it'll look good on my all black P. ? :D I'm considering one next time I get money. I'll also contact manitou ... I want the same paint or i'll hunt down similar paint. I want my bars to be the same color as the fork. thinking of doing a black/green combo on my bike.

·
Registered
466 Posts
hmm... Well I have ridden a pike extensively, and it was not what I expected. However, I did just get a Trail-or-Park with an Argyle on it, but I haven't really ridden it much because it isn't finished (still brakeless), but I will be sure to post here when I get some riding in on it.

·
I post too much.
6,444 Posts
todd_freeride said:
think it'll look good on my all black P. ? :D I'm considering one next time I get money. I'll also contact manitou ... I want the same paint or i'll hunt down similar paint. I want my bars to be the same color as the fork. thinking of doing a black/green combo on my bike.
I think it would look very good.

·
Portland, OR
3,100 Posts
davet said:
I'm curious on what makes a bad fork for DJ's. It would seem all a fork has to do is be strong and not bottom out. Fancy dampening isn't required, just the ability to take a hit and rebound quickly.
well, there will be a big arguement on pike vs goldlabel. but I think that the pike just feels more like a trail fork. and the gold label you can tell is at home on the DJ/park/street types of riding. the gold label is really nice and stiff, doesnt flex all over the place. just a really good product that was designed for dj/street/park. rockshox did a good thing creating the pike. but its more a trail/do anything fork. it could be made into a better dirt jumper, but then it would be less of a fun trail fork.

also gold labels/stances/shermans or any other small beefy DJ fork is somewhat fun to ride on the trail (I know not everyone's preference. but I love my stance on the trail)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.