Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rider, Builder, Dreamer
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my aspect 55 and am looking to put a beefier fork that what's on there (100mm SRSuntour XCM, single coil). I do alot of XC an trails, but still like to do some urban and jumping on campus and around town. could the frame handle a slightly bigger fork? right now i'm contemplating a 100 mm Rockshox tora 318. would that be wise? thanks

sam

·
Registered
199 Posts
sambs827 said:
I recently got my aspect 55 and am looking to put a beefier fork that what's on there (100mm SRSuntour XCM, single coil). I do alot of XC an trails, but still like to do some urban and jumping on campus and around town. could the frame handle a slightly bigger fork? right now i'm contemplating a 100 mm Rockshox tora 318. would that be wise? thanks

sam
No problems with the Tora it should be. Im currently using the RS Recon U-Turn 85mm-130mm on my Aspect 55. I've used 100mm, 115mm and 130mm travel settings. No problems at all. I set my fork at 100mm when doing light XC and road training. When going steep descents offroad, i set it at 130mm so that i can go down easier. So it should pose no problems for you. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts