Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, looking to take my family to Virginia/West Virginia this summer and am looking for suggestions on biking and/or camping near trails that are family friendly.. My kids are at the stage they can take some hills, but looking for trails and even gravel roads that are on the flat side that ensures they have a good time! They are all sick of the steep trails here in our hometown of Asheville! Any other ideas or locations appreciated!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Though I personally have not been there, I have heard from MANY that The Virginia Creeper is a great, family-friendly trail. Very long (over 20 miles) but smooth and down hill the whole way.

Google has a lot of info about it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep,,, that is on the list.. Maybe looking for something different, but that will work for sure!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have not yet been out there, but from the sounds of it the Shenandoah State Park is fairly family friendly/easy trails. As long as I can find a 20" bike for my son, I will be taking him out there soon..

From what I can tell the trails are fairly wide and a beginner level.

·
921 Posts
C&O towpath along the Potomac - Washington DC to Cumberland, MD, 300+ miles. Not in WV or VA, but close enough (follows the VA/WV-MD border on the MD side.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts