Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the m221s are nice but still up in the $170 range

anything < $100 fairly good these days? i dont even care if it's used

my shoe size is 9.5 or 10
 

·
Old man on a bike
Joined
·
12,395 Posts
There's quite a selection under $100 that have all the features of what a few years ago were much more expensive shoes. Answer, 661 and Lake all have models I've bought over the last few years under $100 and I'm sure there are others. I rode Sidi's for the years before that for the most part, and I'm impressed with the current under $100 bunch in comparison.
 

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
Joined
·
6,171 Posts
QBP online catalog through an LBS who offers the service

Lee said:
if you don't mind me asking where can i get these good deals?
yeah usually the Lakes that are at a good price are stocked by the mailorder cat places and the sizes are limited.

So, I ordered both my road and mt Lakes from Charles at Hammerhead Bikes out of Austin from their on-line QBP catalog. So yes it was morer expensive--like 130 a pair i think---and shipping to HI was by ship!!!

But---oh yeah---the quality of the Lakes is BY FAR better than the shoes I've used in the past 10 years of biking which had been limited to various shimano and diadora models.
 

·
Start slow and taper off
Joined
·
790 Posts
Check out Lake M165, suggested retail $99 bucks

I just got a pair from my local shop. But I also just got a Nashbar catalogue and they've got some good deals on other shoes (though I got the Lakes for a couple o' bucks cheaper as my LBS is a shop I used to work at, and the owner hooks me up)

The Lake is a good compromise between performance and comfort, and lookes good in Black. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,816 Posts
Lee said:
the m221s are nice but still up in the $170 range

anything < $100 fairly good these days? i dont even care if it's used

my shoe size is 9.5 or 10
I've always used Diadora's myself. I can get a set for about $70 and they'll last me for abot 2-3 yrs. No complaints about them. :)
 

·
Just Ride!
Joined
·
806 Posts
Lake 160

I got mine on sale from Nashbar for $70.00 I think and used a 10% coupon on top of that. One of the best purchase I did. It's a bit heavier compared to my Sidis but man, do I love that Vibram sole for walking. BTW, I use mine for commuting to work.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,057 Posts
crashedandburned said:
I've always used Diadora's myself. I can get a set for about $70 and they'll last me for abot 2-3 yrs. No complaints about them. :)
Agreed. Diadora Gekos are a really nice shoe for sub-$100.00. I only just "graduated" to a slightly fancier shoe after wearing Gekos for close to three years with absolutely no complaints!
 

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
neveride said:
I just got a pair from my local shop. But I also just got a Nashbar catalogue and they've got some good deals on other shoes (though I got the Lakes for a couple o' bucks cheaper as my LBS is a shop I used to work at, and the owner hooks me up)

The Lake is a good compromise between performance and comfort, and lookes good in Black. :D
I second the Lake MX-165. After years of riding Vittoria, Duegi and more recently Northwave Team shoes I hooked up with the Lakes for 66 bucks from Airbomb (using the 20% off coupon). They are heavy, but they have a new Vibram sole that feels pretty good. And the black looks great, but gets dusty very quick. They aren't as stiff as the variuous carbon shoes I've been riding for the last 12 years, BUT I've worn them for hours after a ride without complaint from my feet.

mc
 

·
a dad
Joined
·
2,927 Posts
i got a pair of specialized shoes last summer for 69.99 that i love, very comfortable...i have a brand new pair of pearl izumi vaper shoes (retail 169.99) that are a 42 or 9 that are too big for me (and i am a solid 9, always) that i'd like to sell for $90 if anyone is interested...
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top